Astronomy at Grace Farms | Solar, Lunar, and Leap Years
Getting here by car
Getting here by taxi or rides sharing services
Getting here by taxi or rides sharing services
Grace Farms is accessible by local taxi and ride sharing services, such as Uber and Lyft. Taxis are available at the New Canaan Train Station.
365 Lukes Wood Road
New Canaan, CT 06840
Grace Farms is accessed easily from Route 123 and 124 and marked with a small gray sign. Upon entrance, please present a valid driver's license at our welcome kiosk, where you will be guided to the nearest parking lot.
Buses with organized groups of 12 or more are not admitted to Grace Farms without prior approval.Contact us here
Passenger vans of informal groups of 12 or more planning on coming to Grace Farms (senior care centers, etc.) are kindly asked to notify our team beforehand.Contact us here
Latest Blog Posts
Grace Farms Pass
To expedite entry and make use of special benefits, we suggest registering for a free Grace Farms Pass at the West Barn Welcome Center. The Grace Farms Pass includes access to an express entry lane and the option to borrow Grace Farms Library books for up to two weeks.
Please bring valid identification to activate your pass.
Grace Farms is open to visitors Tuesday through Saturday from 10 am-6 pm, Sunday from 12 pm-6 pm. Thank you for cooperating with the following important policies for all organized groups:
- All groups interested in participating in a Grace Farms Tour should contact email@example.com or call (203) 920–1709 (please leave a message and we will respond at our earliest availability).
- All tour requests must be submitted via the Tour Request form at least 5 weeks in advance
of the requested tour date by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org the online tour request form when available)
- Self-guided tours or unapproved group retreats are not permitted at Grace Farms.
- Grace Farms requires, by town regulation, that all organized groups must be led by a Grace Farms Tour Guide.
- Buses will not be permitted on Grace Farms property without prior approval.
- Passenger vans of informal groups of 8 or more planning on coming to Grace Farms (senior care centers, social groups, etc.) are kindly asked to notify us at least 72 hours in advance by emailing email@example.com.
- Groups, even if announced, may be denied access to the River building or its amenities at certain times of the year due to previously scheduled events or busy public visitation times.
- The Commons is an amenity for visitors and employees and is not a full-service restaurant capable of servicing public visitors and large groups simultaneously. Grace Farms is able to accommodate lunch to organized groups up to 12 people between 11 am–12:15 pm and 2–3 pm. The Commons is not able to accommodate groups of more than 12 unless arranged through a tour.
Organized Groups with Children
- At Grace Farms, an organized visit with children is defined as group with 8 or more children. These visits require approval from firstname.lastname@example.org and must be coordinated at least 5 weeks in advance.
- All minors (under the age of 16) on group trips are required to have Grace Farms Foundation waivers signed by a parent or guardian before entering Grace Farms. A waiver can be provided by emailing email@example.com.
- All young guests (16 years-old and younger) must be supervised at all times by a designated adult or chaperone. A minimum of 1 adult to every 8 children is required.
- The Library and Sanctuary are considered “Quiet Spaces.” All guests are asked to maintain the serene environment. Active playing space is reserved for the Athletic Field, inside the Court, or in outdoor spaces.
- Grace Farms Foundation does not host birthday parties. Likewise, the Foundation does not provide special entertainment or activities for groups outside of our regular scheduled activities.
Grace Farms ToursVisit our Tour page
We offer two types of tours. Our Grace Farms Tour, which accommodates up to 25 people, at $25 per person. These tours are currently offered once a week, on Saturdays. Please see our Calendar for dates and times.
We also offer Private Tours Tuesday through Saturday at 10:30 am or 12:45 pm. These tours are led by a Grace Farms Guide, require a minimum of 8 people, and span in length from 60 to 90 minutes. Private Tour tickets are $25 per person and $15 per student. Children 12 and under accompanying an adult will be registered free of charge. Custom private tours, which are subject to availability, can be created for your group at $40 per person.
Please note that catered lunch is available for private tour groups at 12 pm, with prices starting at $12 per person, plus tax. No outside food is permitted.
For more booking information, please visit our Tour page.