Open Arts Studio for Families
The West Barn holds an art studio, a rehearsal space equipped with a sprung floor and full-length mirror, and a variety of meeting rooms for both public and private programs, including our 100+ not-for-profit partners (read more about space grants here). Since Grace Farms’ River building was designed without a front door, the West Barn also houses a Welcome Center, which serves as an essential resource to help orient guests to Grace Farms and support the guest experience.
Guests walking down the West Barn’s vibrant hallway will encounter a site-specific artwork, Moon Love Dreaming, by Brazilian artist Beatriz Milhazes.
The West and East Barn were once joined by an H-shaped cross section, and served as horse stalls for an equestrian facility. With SANAA’s renovations, the East and West Barn have distinct meeting spaces and are centered around a welcoming Plaza with apple and plum trees. Notable architectural details include:
- West Barn Welcome Center with greeting space
- An arts studio with its own exterior exit for ventilation
- A sprung floor and mirror for artist rehearsals
- Tables created from wood felled on site
- Window framework preserved from former facility
- Exterior breezeways for outdoor exposure
- East Barn nursery for young families