Growing Community | Extending the Life of Your Garden
The Sanctuary is a 700-seat indoor amphitheater that naturally slopes down a hill to reveal expansive vistas of Grace Farms’ native landscape. It was designed as a columnless space, with each seat placed to engage with the stage and the surrounding environment. The Sanctuary is used for a variety of formal gatherings and Foundation programs, including workshops, lectures, and performances. SANAA and other international experts (Nagata Acoustics and Harvey Marshall Berling Associates) advised on the acoustics and lighting in the Sanctuary, creating an ideal setting for performing artists including Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Gallim Dance, Aloe Blacc, and India.Arie.
During the day, the Sanctuary is most often used as a contemplative space—enhanced by a textile artwork by Olafur Eliasson, which rests on the stage.
The Sanctuary is an 11,000 square foot amphitheater with seating for 700. Architectural details of a the space include:
- Reception vestibule
- Performance sound system by Nagata Acoustics
- 95-foot GLU-LAM ceiling beams
- Furnished with 100% LED and theatric lighting
- Thomas Moser designed amphitheater chairs
- Noise-canceling quiet room
- Green room for visiting presenters
- ADA-accessible tunnel for visitors and performing artists
Upcoming Events - Grace Farms, Sanctuary
Stories of Human Trafficking
Astronomy at Grace Farms | Geminid Meteor Shower